Results for Round 11

Go down

Results for Round 11

Post by gerry on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:00 pm

Curse these Monday games!

Anyway, I have not made any subs at this stage nor have I looked in detail at the Gladiators debacle.

Bangers 360 (1 player to play) v Warthogs 349 (1 player to play) - mighty close but Bangers in the box seat.

Gladiators 168 (with so many gaps) v Ridgebacks 342 (5 players to play) - lay down misere. Ridgebacks by a country mile; Gladiator coach on holidays.

Tigers 279 (4 players to play) v Mustangs 236 (5 players to play) - my money is on Tigers in a low scoring affair. Jase watch out for Nicholas Kommer - we have him as Nick.

Wolves 236 (7 players to play) v Maulers 422 (4 players to play!). Holy cow. Maulers by plenty - 200+ all star points and 125 tackles points. The rest of his team can go on holidays!

Terriers 285 (4 to play) v Vipers 280 (3 to play). Cannot call this.

gerry
Admin

Number of posts : 3469
Team Name : Terriers
Captain : Scott Pendlebury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My Final Scores For Round 11

Post by gerry on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:47 am

What a perplexing round. Massive score by one team - two other coaches either got very confused or forgot there was a bye.

Bangers 369 d Warthogs 361
Despite a combined all star score of 178, the rest of the Warthogs didn't live up to last week's hype and only just failed to pip the Bangers. Unheralded Jordan Murdoch scored two One Heart points for the Bangers - I couldn't even tell you which AFL team he plays for.

Gladiators 301 def by Ridgebacks 430.
This is very much a tenuous score as Croz failed to change his team from last week. This left two positions unfilled and a big smirk on the face of the Ridgeback's coach. Where for art thou, Gladiator?

Tigers 337 d Mustangs 288
Pony's are feeling the bite of the bye as they go down without a whimper. Two donuts in the scores didn't help. Tigers not that impressive either with no All Star scoring more than 46, and although Todd Goldmine's got 59 ruck hits, this only served to inflate his score!

Wolves 294 def by Maulers 503
Unbelievable that the Maulers were able to score 500 during a bye round! What are they going to be like in Round 14? Wolves score not helped by the coach leaving a few pluggable holes in the team sheet. Remember folks, byes means you can't name the players that are not playing!

Terriers 379 d Vipers 339
Fair amount of luck in the Terriers score with the Pod, Slyvia and West getting their best scores for the year. Very lucky that the Mitchell lad was sitting on the bench. I watched him Saturday night - he was awwwwesome. And I believe that makes me both a monkey's uncle and an unwanted visitor to Williams household - especially after the last two week's results.

Ok people. Get your act together! We are in Bye Territory! No more naming players that are not available! We could have done something about this but nooooo, you couldn't make your minds up....silly sausages!

gerry
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Results for Round 11

Post by Jason on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:54 am

All clear on the scores Gerry. Thank the Lord, because that was seriously messed up going thru the Gladiators and Wolves teams.

And congrats on the win, looks like the fire sale is put off for another week!

Jason
Admin

Number of posts : 2762
Team Name : Vipers
Captain : Scott Selwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gerry on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:17 am

Jason wrote:All clear on the scores Gerry. Thank the Lord, because that was seriously messed up going thru the Gladiators and Wolves teams.

Whoa! That's scary. I got it right first time!

I still think you should have won. I just got 'lucky' with some positioning - believe me, I was in desperate straights with my tacklers!
Thank FSM De Boer is back this week.

gerry
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:24 am

You two need a room to decide who rides and who receives?
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:42 am

gerry wrote:
Jason wrote:All clear on the scores Gerry. Thank the Lord, because that was seriously messed up going thru the Gladiators and Wolves teams.

Whoa! That's scary. I got it right first time!

I still think you should have won. I just got 'lucky' with some positioning - believe me, I was in desperate straights with my tacklers!
Thank FSM De Boer is back this week.

While I would like to blame my matchups because they were poor for this round ie McEvoy vs Nic Nat and Cox but at the end of the day I shot myself in the foot with poor coaching. If I had put in Mitchell into tackles and swapped positions with Swallow and Selwood I would have won. But I didnt so you deserved to win.

You should have started your, "if I lose this week its time for a fire sale" earlier, thats 3 straight wins since you put that out there!

Macca wrote:You two need a room to decide who rides and who receives?

You say that now, but if Gerry offers up Pendlebury we both know what position you'll take

Jason
Admin

Number of posts : 2762
Team Name : Vipers
Captain : Scott Selwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:47 am

Pendles would have me on all fours and winced at the mouth in a split second.
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gerry on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:41 pm

Macca wrote:Pendles would have me on all fours and winced at the mouth in a split second.

And hasn't his value gone up recently - we should have a Stock Exchange for all players based on the value of their all stars score.

Might start to quell the argument about the 'value' of players...actually, no it won't.

gerry
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down