All Star Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook Posts
Top posters
Macca (4842)
Executive Decision: What will we do when team/s don't get their retainees in today? Vote_lcapExecutive Decision: What will we do when team/s don't get their retainees in today? Voting_barExecutive Decision: What will we do when team/s don't get their retainees in today? Vote_rcap 
Jason (2762)
Executive Decision: What will we do when team/s don't get their retainees in today? Vote_lcapExecutive Decision: What will we do when team/s don't get their retainees in today? Voting_barExecutive Decision: What will we do when team/s don't get their retainees in today? Vote_rcap 
croz (2232)
Megabonus (2094)
trucker (685)
Hero (498)
Milnee (277)
The Independent (153)
mauled (59)
Bec (38)

Executive Decision: What will we do when team/s don't get their retainees in today?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Executive Decision: What will we do when team/s don't get their retainees in today? Empty Executive Decision: What will we do when team/s don't get their retainees in today?

Post by Macca Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:34 am

Mod note:
Moved to unclutter Retainees forum.
End mod note

Serious concern that this may happen.

What will we do?

Last edited by gerry on Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Move the thread)
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

Back to top Go down

Executive Decision: What will we do when team/s don't get their retainees in today? Empty Re: Executive Decision: What will we do when team/s don't get their retainees in today?

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:23 am

We will send them an urgent email telling them to hurry up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Executive Decision: What will we do when team/s don't get their retainees in today? Empty Re: Executive Decision: What will we do when team/s don't get their retainees in today?

Post by Macca Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:27 am

What about after the cut off time?
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:34 am

We will cut them off (within the limits of the constitution).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:21 am

Well let me put it this way...

IF teams don't put in their retainee list by the cut off time...and we do nothing, where does that leave our credibility when other times are not met?

'Times' such as; getting your weekly team in on time (ie before games start on the weekend); trading after the cut off time etc etc

I will say this...I for one will not be happy if we let this go. How can we be strong with some coaches who push the envelope with rules (ie Pez, myself, Shannon) and let others get away with simple rule breaches.

We need to sort this.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Megabonus Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:24 am

but what punishment fits the crime????
Megabonus
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 2094
Team Name : Raptors
Captain : Dustin 'Jet' Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:28 am

The 'punishment'...It's simple...no retainees requested...none given.

FFS, we can't make it much simpler.

EVERYONE got the email. There are no excuses...you are either in or not.

Period.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Megabonus Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:35 am

devils advocate......are you prepred to lose coaches???
Megabonus
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:38 am

I am.

Can't speak for XB or GC.

My thinking in that regard is that if they cant get their Retainees in we have already lost them.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:00 am

Macca wrote:I am.

Can't speak for XB or GC.

My thinking in that regard is that if they cant get their Retainees in we have already lost them.

For what its worth I agree with Macca here. Getting your retained players in, is a pretty basic thing to do. Even if you dont think too hard on who you want to keep, what does it take? 20 mins tops and thats 15 mins to decide who you want and 5 mins to post it.

And lets not lose sight of the fact that it has been since September that footy finished. If you cant decide who you want to keep in 5 months, then seriously how much do you want to play this game?

Dont get me wrong I love the bunch of people we have in the league, but we need to stand our ground here. We are not asking that much if the coach involved was actually interested.

That said, I sincerely hope that everyone does the right thing, but I must admit I expected most teams to have locked their team in by now. I really expected to be the last when I logged on right now.
Jason
Jason
Admin

Number of posts : 2762
Team Name : Vipers
Captain : Scott Selwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Megabonus Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:07 am

has croz locked his in yet???
Megabonus
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:10 am

Megabonus wrote:has croz locked his in yet???

I dont believe so.
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:10 am

Wrong Jase...it takes 3 minutes to pick them and two minutes to post.

Like you said, it's not like we haven't had time.

But thats not the issue...the issue is what we will do when other 'break/bend' the rules (any rules), if we let this slip.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:12 am

I would really hope Croz posts his on here, just for clarity sake.

Not really right if he lodges his retainees with himself!

In fact scratch that...he will post them here. He is an utter professional.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Megabonus Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:13 am

if you really wanted to scratch it...you couldve deleted it!!!!! Wink
Megabonus
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:14 am

And I just texted Andy!
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:20 am

Macca wrote:Wrong Jase...it takes 3 minutes to pick them and two minutes to post.

Like you said, it's not like we haven't had time.

But thats not the issue...the issue is what we will do when other 'break/bend' the rules (any rules), if we let this slip.

Ok so I was being generous.....

And I dont think there is any choice, if a coach does not put their retained list in by the right time they have decided to not retain anyone.

The constitution does not cover this, and that will have to be rectified. This is why I brought it up first in the other thread, as I dont think its unreasonable to expect this to happen. Lets face it we dont have some very active coaches in the league do we?

So at the end of the day it will have to be an executive decision for this year. But it will make a mockery of the rules if they are allowed to lodge their players after the due date and time.
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:22 am

And it will make enforcing other rules impossible.

I fear those with early picks are about to be gifted some superstars.

I have pick 11 so it wont be me!
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Megabonus Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:23 am

i guess the exec will find itself in a bind if it doesnt act......
Megabonus
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:29 am

There is no decision to make.

If you want to retain players you need to advise the League executive by midnight on this day.

If you don't advise of we can only presume you have no retainees.

There does NOT need to be a rule about what happens as the punishment is in the deed (inaction) itself.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:30 am

lets just hope that it doesnt happen, but with 2 hours to go, im not holding my breath!

Who are missing so far?

Gladiators (im sure though Croz will get his team in)
Maulers
Bangers
Slap Dash

Am I missing anyone?
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:37 am

XB will be on...just texted him
Andy is no chance by the looks
not sure on Bang and Jeffrey....may have lodged with XB at school?
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Megabonus Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:37 am

ive just figured why croz hasnt submitted them in (cause we all know that he will)

by leaving it till literally 11.59pm, he will have guaged who hasnt submitted thus allowing him to change so that he has access to these 'free' players in the early rounds.

mmmmmmmm!!!!!!
Megabonus
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:39 am

Haha no Pez!

I just texted him...he is at his brothers.

He will get it done though.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Megabonus Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:40 am

good conspiracy theory though.... i know i wouldve done it.........
Megabonus
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:42 am

Only you would Bigbonus.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:43 am

LOL Pez have you seen the movie conspiracy theory lately by any chance?
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:41 pm

Ok, I am prepared to accept "no retainees on time - no retainees".
The only one it applies to at this stage is Andy (I believe).

However, I am prepared to allow for mitigating circumstances.
The idea of Andy without his current team is unthinkable. I would imagine that he might pull the pin in those circumstances.
So a PSD without Andy is also unthinkable.
If it turns out that he just doesn't care, then so be it.
I, for one, hope this isn't the case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by croz Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:46 am

Andy is unable to attend the PSD.

So the unthinkable is now thinkable
croz
croz
Admin

Number of posts : 2232
Team Name : Gladiators
Captain : Gary Ablett

http://www.arc.acnrep.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:52 am

Gerry I am sending my retainees in straight away. I will need to get someone who i can trust to pick players for me at the draft. Unfortunately being Dennis Thatcher has its pitfalls. Adriana has a fundraiser on the 12th and i need to be there. I will miss the draft and all the banter. It is a great day in this grat game of ours. Any takers to represent me at the draft?
Hero
Hero
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Number of posts : 498
Team Name : Heroes
Captain : Jack Trengove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next