delisting a player

Go down

delisting a player

Post by trucker on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:32 am

Is it my understanding that now we have a rookie list, I can delist a player and replace them with one of my rookies??

As Andrew Lovett is no longer and AFL Listed player, I can replace him with a rokkie, if I ever get around to selecting one?

trucka
avatar
trucker
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 685
Age : 41
Team Name : truckers
Captain : Sam Mitchell / Nicholas Natanui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by Jason on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:42 am

I know you'll want to hear it from a member of the exec, but yes thats right Shannon.

But if I was you I wouldnt promote your rookie to your senior list straight away. Unless you see that rookie making your starting team, there is no point. If you promote them they are part of your senior list and therefore are part of the normal retaining rules in each of the tiers.

However as a rookie listed player, they are seperate and as such you can keep 5 players for a max of 2 years. IMO you are better keeping them on your rookie list unless you plan on using them each week or have massive injury issues etc.

_________________
2014 Premiers
2014 One Heart Medalist - S. Selwood
avatar
Jason
Admin

Number of posts : 2762
Age : 42
Team Name : Vipers
Captain : Scott Selwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by gerry on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:47 am

Hmmm... wise counsel Professor Williams.

_________________
Premiers 2006, 2010, 2011
Never been second.
_____________________________
avatar
gerry
Admin

Number of posts : 3469
Age : 60
Team Name : Terriers
Captain : Scott Pendlebury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by trucker on Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:39 am

makes good sense jase, thanks
avatar
trucker
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 685
Age : 41
Team Name : truckers
Captain : Sam Mitchell / Nicholas Natanui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by Macca on Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:46 am

Yep well explained Jase...as soon as you upgrade them you lose the right to keep them for two years.
avatar
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 46
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by gerry on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:07 am

Macca wrote:Yep well explained Jase...as soon as you upgrade them you lose the right to keep them for two years.

Why two years?
If the AFL retains the player for four years and that player does not play more than 30 games you can still retain him as a rookie.
You might need your head read, but the rookie is yours forever until he reaches that game-goal or you upgrade him.

_________________
Premiers 2006, 2010, 2011
Never been second.
_____________________________
avatar
gerry
Admin

Number of posts : 3469
Age : 60
Team Name : Terriers
Captain : Scott Pendlebury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by Macca on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:16 am

No Gerry, you are wrong.
Read the rules yourself, poindexter.

The maximum time you can keep them on your list is two years. BUT to truly use them you must upgrade them, at which point you must retain them to keep them.

Further, the only time the 30 game number is relevant is when you rookie draft them. They can be on your rookie list for a maximum of 2 years, even if they join your list having played 29 games.
avatar
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 46
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by croz on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:42 am

Macca wrote: even if they join your list having played 29 games.

...like Ricky Retard

_________________
Premiers 2003 & 2009
avatar
croz
Admin

Number of posts : 2232
Age : 43
Team Name : Gladiators
Captain : Gary Ablett

View user profile http://www.arc.acnrep.com

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by Macca on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:48 am

Just like Ricky Yetard, which is not a bad pick BTW!
avatar
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 46
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by croz on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:53 am

Thanks. I had him the last 2 years....he is hot and cold, but still only young so he might kick on.

This draft would be great if everyone was on Chatbox at the same time.

Now I gotta wait....

_________________
Premiers 2003 & 2009
avatar
croz
Admin

Number of posts : 2232
Age : 43
Team Name : Gladiators
Captain : Gary Ablett

View user profile http://www.arc.acnrep.com

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by Megabonus on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:29 am

so ideally....

you delist pick 35 and replace them with a rookie whom you can retain at 35????

Megabonus
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 2094
Age : 47
Team Name : Raptors
Captain : Dustin 'Jet' Martin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by Macca on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:34 am

yes
avatar
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 46
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by Jason on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:34 am

Megabonus wrote:so ideally....

you delist pick 35 and replace them with a rookie whom you can retain at 35????

Depends Pez who you have at pick 35. I mean you might be lucky and have a gun at pick 35......

**Cough** Patrick Dangerfield **Cough**

_________________
2014 Premiers
2014 One Heart Medalist - S. Selwood
avatar
Jason
Admin

Number of posts : 2762
Age : 42
Team Name : Vipers
Captain : Scott Selwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by Macca on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:36 am

croz wrote:Thanks. I had him the last 2 years....he is hot and cold, but still only young so he might kick on.

This draft would be great if everyone was on Chatbox at the same time.

Now I gotta wait....

Katy sang about that problem

avatar
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 46
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by Macca on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:41 am

And she kissed a girl...and she liiiked it!

avatar
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 46
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by gerry on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:23 am

Macca wrote:No Gerry, you are wrong.
Read the rules yourself, poindexter.

The maximum time you can keep them on your list is two years. BUT to truly use them you must upgrade them, at which point you must retain them to keep them.

Further, the only time the 30 game number is relevant is when you rookie draft them. They can be on your rookie list for a maximum of 2 years, even if they join your list having played 29 games.

Ok. I think I have read the constitution.
Clearly if you read here I can see no mention of the two year limit in either contexts.
Help me out, oh wise one. Question

_________________
Premiers 2006, 2010, 2011
Never been second.
_____________________________
avatar
gerry
Admin

Number of posts : 3469
Age : 60
Team Name : Terriers
Captain : Scott Pendlebury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by Megabonus on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:28 am

he's got you there macca...

no time limit specified....just a game limit...

Megabonus
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 2094
Age : 47
Team Name : Raptors
Captain : Dustin 'Jet' Martin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by gerry on Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:08 am

gerry wrote:
Macca wrote:No Gerry, you are wrong.
Read the rules yourself, poindexter.

The maximum time you can keep them on your list is two years. BUT to truly use them you must upgrade them, at which point you must retain them to keep them.

Further, the only time the 30 game number is relevant is when you rookie draft them. They can be on your rookie list for a maximum of 2 years, even if they join your list having played 29 games.

Ok. I think I have read the constitution.
Clearly if you read here I can see no mention of the two year limit in either contexts.
Help me out, oh wise one. Question

Nothing? C'mon. This needs clarification. I am picking for the long term here.

_________________
Premiers 2006, 2010, 2011
Never been second.
_____________________________
avatar
gerry
Admin

Number of posts : 3469
Age : 60
Team Name : Terriers
Captain : Scott Pendlebury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by Jason on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 am

No your definitely right Gerry. I must admit I also thought there was a 2 year clause, but obviously I was wrong.

_________________
2014 Premiers
2014 One Heart Medalist - S. Selwood
avatar
Jason
Admin

Number of posts : 2762
Age : 42
Team Name : Vipers
Captain : Scott Selwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by gerry on Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:14 pm

gerry wrote:
gerry wrote:
Macca wrote:No Gerry, you are wrong.
Read the rules yourself, poindexter.

The maximum time you can keep them on your list is two years. BUT to truly use them you must upgrade them, at which point you must retain them to keep them.

Further, the only time the 30 game number is relevant is when you rookie draft them. They can be on your rookie list for a maximum of 2 years, even if they join your list having played 29 games.

Ok. I think I have read the constitution.
Clearly if you read here I can see no mention of the two year limit in either contexts.
Help me out, oh wise one. Question

Nothing? C'mon. This needs clarification. I am picking for the long term here.

Hello!!! I'm over here!!! Woo-hoo!!! Look at me!!! Waiting for an answer!!!

bounce affraid

_________________
Premiers 2006, 2010, 2011
Never been second.
_____________________________
avatar
gerry
Admin

Number of posts : 3469
Age : 60
Team Name : Terriers
Captain : Scott Pendlebury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by Macca on Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:18 pm

It is self explanatory.
avatar
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 46
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by gerry on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:42 am

Macca wrote:It is self explanatory.

What is self-explanatory?

_________________
Premiers 2006, 2010, 2011
Never been second.
_____________________________
avatar
gerry
Admin

Number of posts : 3469
Age : 60
Team Name : Terriers
Captain : Scott Pendlebury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by gerry on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:43 am

Hmmm... I might have immediate use for this already!

From afl.communist:
A DEGENERATIVE knee condition has forced tough Fremantle utility Dean Solomon into retirement just over a month out from the start of the premiership season.

_________________
Premiers 2006, 2010, 2011
Never been second.
_____________________________
avatar
gerry
Admin

Number of posts : 3469
Age : 60
Team Name : Terriers
Captain : Scott Pendlebury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by Macca on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:50 am

Told you, you were clutching in 2010 PSD
avatar
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 46
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by gerry on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:00 am

Macca wrote:Told you, you were clutching in 2010 PSD

C'mon. I don't remember you predicting that he would retire.
I have others that can step up.

_________________
Premiers 2006, 2010, 2011
Never been second.
_____________________________
avatar
gerry
Admin

Number of posts : 3469
Age : 60
Team Name : Terriers
Captain : Scott Pendlebury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by Macca on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:03 am

You know my role on this board Gerry!
avatar
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 46
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by gerry on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:09 am

Rock and role.

_________________
Premiers 2006, 2010, 2011
Never been second.
_____________________________
avatar
gerry
Admin

Number of posts : 3469
Age : 60
Team Name : Terriers
Captain : Scott Pendlebury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by Macca on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:15 am

I am the Dark Knight
avatar
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 46
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by gerry on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:31 am

Tell you what though, taking Solomon and probably Burton out of my list...we are young again!
Not quite the baby-snatching Ridgebacks though.

_________________
Premiers 2006, 2010, 2011
Never been second.
_____________________________
avatar
gerry
Admin

Number of posts : 3469
Age : 60
Team Name : Terriers
Captain : Scott Pendlebury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by Macca on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:34 am

gerry wrote:
Not quite the baby-snatching Ridgebacks though.

Weedsy tole me I am no chance of being 'down that end' during birth so I may have to put my snatching gloves away!
avatar
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 46
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delisting a player

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum