All Star Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook Posts
Top posters
Macca (4842)
Extending The Trade Cut Off Date..... Vote_lcapExtending The Trade Cut Off Date..... Voting_barExtending The Trade Cut Off Date..... Vote_rcap 
Jason (2762)
Extending The Trade Cut Off Date..... Vote_lcapExtending The Trade Cut Off Date..... Voting_barExtending The Trade Cut Off Date..... Vote_rcap 
croz (2232)
Megabonus (2094)
trucker (685)
Hero (498)
Milnee (277)
The Independent (153)
mauled (59)
Bec (38)

Extending The Trade Cut Off Date.....

+2
trucker
Megabonus
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Extending The Trade Cut Off Date..... Empty Extending The Trade Cut Off Date.....

Post by Megabonus Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:11 am

i propose that the cut off day be extended by 1 week...that is till 15 July 2011 (just for he current season)

reasons....

1 - we have a longer season - 2 extra rounds

2 - in light of the recently resolved 'consitutional' crisis......because of the uncertainty of said trade coach raptor was unable to pursue trades with all other coaches in the league but especially with coach ridgeback and coach Tiger who have actively seeked trades themselves. because of the late confirmation of the trade (as coach ridgeback called for an 'inquest') coach raptor and all other coaches pursuing trades were disadvantaged!!!!!!!

what say thee????????????
Megabonus
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 2094
Team Name : Raptors
Captain : Dustin 'Jet' Martin

Back to top Go down

Extending The Trade Cut Off Date..... Empty Re: Extending The Trade Cut Off Date.....

Post by trucker Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:20 am

I agree, extend until the end of the holidays, 2 weeks, we can be active, have time and will be able to get shite done.

for those that dont come on the forum, fuckem

exec, please make a decision, I have trade talks underway
trucker
trucker
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 685
Team Name : truckers
Captain : Sam Mitchell / Nicholas Natanui

Back to top Go down

Extending The Trade Cut Off Date..... Empty Re: Extending The Trade Cut Off Date.....

Post by Macca Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:53 am

Agreed.
Its not like much gets done anyway...

Its the perfect holiday shenanigans.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:26 am

trucker wrote:I agree, extend until the end of the holidays, 2 weeks, we can be active, have time and will be able to get shite done.

for those that dont come on the forum, fuckem

exec, please make a decision, I have trade talks underway

Ha, ha. The irony.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:27 am

Personally I dont think thats exactly a fair option given the half the league wont even know about it.

Like it or not but I thought we always tried to cater towards all levels of interest. Just because a coach doesnt come on the forum should not mean they are disadvantaged.

But im happy to go with whatever Croz and Gerry decide.
Jason
Jason
Admin

Number of posts : 2762
Team Name : Vipers
Captain : Scott Selwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:37 am

Jason wrote:Personally I dont think thats exactly a fair option given the half the league wont even know about it.

Like it or not but I thought we always tried to cater towards all levels of interest. Just because a coach doesnt come on the forum should not mean they are disadvantaged.

But im happy to go with whatever Croz and Gerry decide.

Delicious!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by croz Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:39 am

OK, I will elaborate on Gerry's post (I think?).

The current constitution states an exact time for the cessation of trading. Coaches are now asking for us to make a decision and change the constitution.

How is this different to the current argument regarding trading of rookie players? Pez and Jase (rightly or wrongly) are arguing that there is nothing in the constitution regarding what hey have done, so they should be allowed to do it.

So....the argument is, that whatever the almighty constitution says, goes. No room for the exec to change it. No changes until the next AGM. Right?

With that being said...I agree that the deadline should be moved. Laughing
croz
croz
Admin

Number of posts : 2232
Team Name : Gladiators
Captain : Gary Ablett

http://www.arc.acnrep.com

Back to top Go down

Post by croz Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:40 am

Jason wrote:But im happy to go with whatever Croz and Gerry decide.

Just a gentle reminder that you are on the exec too..so you will need make a decision one way or the other Wink
croz
croz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:58 am

croz wrote:OK, I will elaborate on Gerry's post (I think?).

The current constitution states an exact time for the cessation of trading. Coaches are now asking for us to make a decision and change the constitution.

How is this different to the current argument regarding trading of rookie players? Pez and Jase (rightly or wrongly) are arguing that there is nothing in the constitution regarding what hey have done, so they should be allowed to do it.

So....the argument is, that whatever the almighty constitution says, goes. No room for the exec to change it. No changes until the next AGM. Right?

What a brilliant summary of the situation so far.
And then you said this...

Oh, well, why not.
To hell with the Constitution.

Let's trade. Who wants Kane Cornes...I'll throw in a piece of used chewy...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:03 am

Im not sure I understand your point Croz. There is a major difference. Once circumstance was agreed upon by coaches and written into the constitution and another was not mentioned or covered in the constitution and therefore open to interpretation. Unless of course someone can point out what part of the constitution that clearly states what Pez and I did wrong.

Correct me if im wrong but in the past thing when a suggestion is brought forward that contravenes the constitution and the exec thought it merited it, it was put to a vote so all coaches could have their say.

croz wrote:

Just a gentle reminder that you are on the exec too..so you will need make a decision one way or the other Wink

I know what your saying Croz, but I see my role more in the event you and Gerry cant agree. In other words to split the deadlock in the unlikely scenario you guys dont agree on something.

Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:05 am

Jason wrote:

Im not sure I understand your point Croz. There is a major difference. Once circumstance was agreed upon by coaches and written into the constitution and another was not mentioned or covered in the constitution and therefore open to interpretation. Unless of course someone can point out what part of the constitution that clearly states what Pez and I did wrong.

Correct me if im wrong but in the past thing when a suggestion is brought forward that contravenes the constitution and the exec thought it merited it, it was put to a vote so all coaches could have their say.

croz wrote:

I know what your saying Croz, but I see my role more in the event you and Gerry cant agree. In other words to split the deadlock in the unlikely scenario you guys dont agree on something.

As someone who wanted you in the role, I hope you can be a little bit stronger than that. You should lead with confidence. Youre not the third wheel.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by croz Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:14 am

Ah, thats funny..Gerry stated that it was a great summation, and Jase wrote that he couldnt see my point. I must admit, it wasnt overly clear what I was trying to say.

Crap, Ive gotta go....will continue this later.

Love you guys xx rendeer
croz
croz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:26 am

Macca wrote:As someone who wanted you in the role, I hope you can be a little bit stronger than that. You should lead with confidence. Youre not the third wheel.

Interesting that you of all people said that Macca. I have seen you write on several cases the exact same thing as I did whilst you were President.

Keep in mind my above original statement does not mean I wont express my view. Although I suspect that Gerry might prefer me to be less vocal on my thoughts Embarassed I just meant that I think Croz and Gerry do a great job running the game (despite what they may think from the last few days) and as such my vote is usually unnecessary.

croz wrote:Ah, thats funny..Gerry stated that it was a great summation, and Jase wrote that he couldnt see my point. I must admit, it wasnt overly clear what I was trying to say.

Crap, Ive gotta go....will continue this later.

Love you guys xx rendeer

No I just meant I didnt understand how the 2 situations were the same with reference to the constitution. One is covered by the constitution and the other isnt.

Also can I propose we change the name of our constitution to something else, something shorter. Man am I sick of typing in the word constitution.
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:35 am

Lets call it the C*ntstitution.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:00 am

hmmm still a long word.

Was thinking more along the lines of Charter or another word for a document that only a few people actually read. Perhaps manual. Because lets be honest how many blokes actually read a manual?
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:25 am

How about 'book'.
That's pretty short.
Or 'stuff'. One syllable.
Or even better: "It'.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:34 pm

Yeah I like 'It' and all that goes with 'It'.

"'It' says I can!"
"'It' doesn't say I cant!"
"How far can we take 'It'?"
"'It' doesn't matter"
and my personal favourite...

"F*ck 'It' and all that 'It' stands for"
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:12 pm

and if it starts to talk too much you can say:

"Shhhh...it!"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:04 pm

So...Executive decision is ?

Trade period over?
Trade period still open?

Come on...lets all just lighten up and open it up...
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:50 am

Macca wrote:So...Executive decision is ?

Trade period over?
Trade period still open?

Come on...lets all just lighten up and open it up...

Good use of the word 'it'.

I believe it is on! ['It' is this case being 'trading']
I think we agreed to a two week extension.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:00 am

Wow.

All of a sudden we disregard the constitution, even though its very clear, to allow trading for 2 more weeks. Especially in light of the fact we have had 6 trades in 16 rounds this year (3 of them mine) and half the teams wont even know about the extension.

Cant believe im the only one that doesnt feel right about this......
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:47 am

Jason wrote:Wow.

All of a sudden we disregard the constitution, even though its very clear, to allow trading for 2 more weeks. Especially in light of the fact we have had 6 trades in 16 rounds this year (3 of them mine) and half the teams wont even know about the extension.

Email going out as we speak.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:58 am

So am I correct in saying that the new deadline will be Friday 5pm round 18?
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:00 am

Jason wrote:So am I correct in saying that the new deadline will be Friday 5pm round 18?

You can not only say it, you can decree it!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Megabonus Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:09 am

by Jason Today at 2:00 pm

im with you jase.....but if you go back to my original post, point 2 is what i based the crux of my arguement on.
Megabonus
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 2094
Team Name : Raptors
Captain : Dustin 'Jet' Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:10 am

Given that the season is two weeks longer it is a special case.
I bet nothing gets done anyway.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:22 am

So is it extended or not ? Can someone with the power to make a decision make a decision, so that a simpleton like me who has been on the piss can understand.
Hero
Hero
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Number of posts : 498
Team Name : Heroes
Captain : Jack Trengove

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:25 am

Its on you stupid Serf.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:31 am

Okay my Lord!
Hero
Hero
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Number of posts : 498
Team Name : Heroes
Captain : Jack Trengove

Back to top Go down

Post by trucker Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:46 am

If we look at 'it", the constitution, it still mentions that trades will not be finalized until both coaches sign the trade sheet.

we have not had a trade sheet for at least three seasons, so in a game that continues to evolve, like the great game we are mirroring in so many ways, we have to make sensible decisions.

we considered so many factors to assist all coaches at the start of this strange season and all have worked well in making a very competitive season, making an adjustment now for trading i dont see as a big moral dilemma

when discussing trading on a number of occasions and having trade weeks etc i remember many a discussion that trading concluded when it did as it was two weeks prior to finals

so essentially we have retained that

perhaps that is the language we can adjust the constitution to at the AGM

also we should get rid of the clause about signing the trade sheets

cheers, trucker
trucker
trucker
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 685
Team Name : truckers
Captain : Sam Mitchell / Nicholas Natanui

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next