All Star Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook Posts
Top posters
Macca (4842)
Opinion: Draft winners Vote_lcapOpinion: Draft winners Voting_barOpinion: Draft winners Vote_rcap 
Jason (2762)
Opinion: Draft winners Vote_lcapOpinion: Draft winners Voting_barOpinion: Draft winners Vote_rcap 
croz (2232)
Megabonus (2094)
trucker (685)
Hero (498)
Milnee (277)
The Independent (153)
mauled (59)
Bec (38)

Opinion: Draft winners

3 posters

Go down

Opinion: Draft winners Empty Opinion: Draft winners

Post by Macca Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:54 am

I've had a good look at all the lists...mainly at the additions; and it is my opinion that Andy drafted as well as anyone.

Must've got the wooden laptop out!
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

Back to top Go down

Opinion: Draft winners Empty Re: Opinion: Draft winners

Post by Hero Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:01 am

Thanks Macca, however Croz doesn't share your thoughts. He said, " I am a funny guy but shit coach" and keeps talking crap about VFL flags. I don't understand what he means by that.
Hero
Hero
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Number of posts : 498
Team Name : Heroes
Captain : Jack Trengove

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:09 am

I didn't say anything about your coaching: I was taking about your recruiting!

Opinion: Draft winners 967788
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:57 am

Macca wrote:I've had a good look at all the lists...mainly at the additions; and it is my opinion that Andy drafted as well as anyone.

Must've got the wooden laptop out!

I haven't done any analysis but when I have been looking for players to pick up in the Rookie draft, Andy and Banger have most of them already.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:23 am

In an attempt to kill some boredom I decided to look at the teams and based on the stats from 2011 work out a predicted ladder for 2012. Now obviously there are factors involved that I cant account for such as injuries, breakout players, players who slump, a players consistency, changes to players roles ie a midfielder moving to defence etc etc. Anyway purely based on the basic stats from 2011 here is what I worked out.

1. Yeezy
2. Gladiators
3. Bangers
4. Terriers
5. Vipers
6. Raptors
7. Maulers
8. Warthogs
9. Tigers
10. Heroes
11. Mustangs
12. Wolves

I would have posted this in a new thread asking for people's predicted ladders but as I know most here lack the balls to go out on a limb I decided not to bother.

For what its worth here is my guess at how we'll end up at the end of the year. And I admit I havent bothered to look at our schedule to see which teams have an easier run, this is just based on the teams and the potential they represent.

1. Yeezy
2. Gladiators
3. Terriers
4. Bangers
5. Maulers
6. Raptors
7. Vipers
8. Heroes
9. Warthogs
10. Tigers
11. Mustangs
12. Wolves
Jason
Jason
Admin

Number of posts : 2762
Team Name : Vipers
Captain : Scott Selwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:23 am

Wowsers!
Thanks Jase... That's a compliment!
I think history says I can get there but can't win...

One thing though... Surely you will be higher or are you under playing your chances?
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:38 am

Macca wrote:Wowsers!

One thing though... Surely you will be higher or are you under playing your chances?

No pressure, Macca.

How, Jase, can you go from being one point from playing off in the grand final to seventh?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:16 am

Just calling it how I see it Macca. With regards to stats, your team was 10 points clear of Galdiators. Not only that you have players like Hayes, Roughead, Higgins who all underperformed last year due to injuries etc followed by your new additions like Thomas, Reid, Waite (if he can stay fit) make you the team to beat IMO in 2012.

Macca wrote:One thing though... Surely you will be higher or are you under playing your chances?

gerry wrote:How, Jase, can you go from being one point from playing off in the grand final to seventh?

No im not down playing my list or my chances. I pride myself on retaining a list that is close to a full team. In fact my goal is to have my retainees such that they make up a complete starting team. Problem is I still have gaps and didnt draft accordingly. If I can be lucky enough to have limited injuries then yes I wont lie and say I believe I will finish higher than 7th. But being a realist I know im going to get injuries and if that happens in areas like tackles for instance im screwed as I have no depth there.

My only real chance is I get real improvement out of my younger guys like Sloane, Dangerfield, McEvoy, Tippet, Hansen and Gibbs gets to play in the midfield, Montagna returns to his 2010 form etc etc for me to finish higher on the ladder. I think I have a lot of upside but also need a lot of luck to go my way to be a force in 2012.
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:29 am

Jason wrote:

Just calling it how I see it Macca. With regards to stats, your team was 10 points clear of Galdiators. Not only that you have players like Hayes, Roughead, Higgins who all underperformed last year due to injuries etc followed by your new additions like Thomas, Reid, Waite (if he can stay fit) make you the team to beat IMO in 2012.

Don't tell Gerry that one.
Apparently luck has nothing to do with this game if you do your homework.

Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:07 am

Remember thats only 10 points clear for your this season's team, not last season. I didnt do this exercise last season so I couldnt tell you if you were unlucky or not.

And I think that Gerry knows luck has a big part of winning it. But I cant blame him for gloating at winning back to back. I know I would be a lot worse than he has been. But then im yet to win a flag yet so I have more to prove he does.
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down