At the end of the season an ‘All Australian Team’ shall be announced. In order to qualify, players must have played at least 12 AFL games in the GCFFL season.
The team shall consist of 14 players who top their categories (on averages kept). Four players shall be installed as reserves. These players will be the ‘next best’ four All Stars who are not included in other categories.
In the event of a tie in any position (to three decimals only), the player who has played the most games for the season shall be included. If the game number is identical, the player who averaged higher as All Star shall be rewarded. If two All Stars tie, the player with the higher cumulative All Star points (in the season) shall be included. The coach of the GCFFL minor premiership shall be declared All Australian Coach.
Each player selected in the All Australian Team shall receive 10 dollars.
Each reserve shall receive 5 dollars.
ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM 2009
- Jeff Sochacki (Maulers Football Club)
- Leigh Montagna - Spartans (81.2 from 18 games)
- Gary Ablett - Gladiators (80.3 from 15 games)
- Jimmy Bartel - Bangers (76.29 from 17 games)
- Dane Swan - Raptors (32.94 from 18 games)
- Sam Mitchell - Truckers (28.89 from 18 games)
- Paul Chapman - Bangers (28.563 from 18 games)
- Joel Selwood - Ridgebacks (28.556 from 16 games)
**Gary Ablett (Gladiators) ranked 1st but already named as All Star
**Nick Dal Santo (Terriers) missed a tie for 4th place by 1 possesion (Selwood has better All Star)
- Nick Riewoldt - Heroes (9.7 from 18 games)
- Bret Thornton - Mustangs (8.25 from 16 games)
**Jonathan Brown (Mustangs) ranked 2nd but already named as Goal Kicker
- Domenic Cassisi - Warthogs (7.8 from 17 games)
- Brett Kirk - Wolves (7.6 from 18 games)
- Aaron Sandilands - Bangers (32.9 from 16 games)
- Jonathan Brown - Mustangs (24.7 from 18 games)
- Brendan Fevola - Gladiators (23.8 from 18 games)
RESERVES (Next 4 best All Stars)
- Brad Sewell - Maulers (74.1 from 16 games)
- Lenny Hayes - Ridgebacks (73.2 from 17 games)
- Steve Johnson - Raptors (72.4 from 14 games)
- Jude Bolton - Bangers (70.7 from 18 games)
**Nick Riewoldt (4th), Dane Swan (5th), Domenic Cassisi (6th) & Paul Chapman (8th) already named in other categories (70.7 from 18 games)
Last edited by croz on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Premiers 2003 & 2009