All Star Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sub-clause 1.4 Retained listed players

4 posters

Go down

Sub-clause 1.4 Retained listed players Empty Sub-clause 1.4 Retained listed players

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:35 am

1.4 Retention Listed Players

[1] From your list of 35 (or less) players you may ‘retain’ 12 players for the following season (commencing at the conclusion of the 2006 season). The players may be taken from the following tiers on your list:

2 players from the first 7 positions

3 players from the next 10 positions

8 players from the last 13 positions

[2] On top of the current system, coaches shall have the option of retaining one extra player anywhere on the list. This extra player shall be known as the 'floater'.

[3] This process is not compulsory.

It has been introduced in order to:

* Maintain some form of ‘ownership’ of players
* Even out the strength of team lists
* Reward drafting unproven players in later picks
* Minimise the length of the Pre Season Draft

[4]In the event that you have attained more than one player in the same position, you must ‘pay’ a higher pick for the player. That is, if you have two ‘pick three’s’ you must take one of the players at pick two. The ruling here is that, the original player maintains his place, whilst the most recent addition moves up. In the event that you have two ‘pick ones’ that you want to retain you must take them at picks one and two, with your original pick one, staying where you got him.

[5] Where a player is ‘moved up’ due to 2 players being retained at the same draft number and that player is moved into a different retention tier, he shall not be regarded as being from that tier. For example;

[6] If two players are to be retained at pick eight, the player who was last attained at that number shall be ‘moved up’ to number seven for Pre Season Draft purposes only. The team who is affected by this will still be able to retain two players from the first seven positions, not including the player at seventh pick. Similarly, the team can still have only three retained players in the middle tier including the player at seventh pick.

[7] Although players may move up, their original pick number is always retained. That is, at seasons end, should you wish to only retain one of the two pick threes, the player will be taken at pick three regardless of being ‘moved up’ for retention and Pre Season Draft purposes.

[8] The cut-off time for the submission of each team’s Player Retention form shall be strictly 5:00 pm on the Friday before the Pre-Season Draft.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sub-clause 1.4 Retained listed players Empty Re: Sub-clause 1.4 Retained listed players

Post by Guest Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:13 am

This could get complicated!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sub-clause 1.4 Retained listed players Empty Re: Sub-clause 1.4 Retained listed players

Post by Macca Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:33 am

Why?
Isn't this the purpose mate???

I want to simplify the game.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:20 am

No, not your proposal (which I disagree with btw) but the process. Smile
I like the way the tier system forces you to give up good players.
This evens out the competition.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:37 am

FWIW I agree with Gerry, Macca. Im not completely sold on the idea of removing the tier system.

The current tier system forces players to be recycled back into the draft that wouldnt be under your system. My major concern with your idea is, will it enable teams that have bad lists to turn their lists around in a reasonable time frame? Or will it be even harder as the stronger teams will be able to retain their 13 strongest players.

The only change to the tier system I would like is to either increase the bottom tier retainees.

My logic behind this is simple. The PSD draft, for some, goes on for too long. Now while I personally love the draft and wished it went longer, not everyone feels the same way. So this would help them on draft day as potentially they would have less players to draft. Secondly it would also help the bottom teams as they could draft young guys and would not have to throw them back and could actually give them time to develop.
Jason
Jason
Admin

Number of posts : 2762
Team Name : Vipers
Captain : Scott Selwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:08 am

I can see the logic in increasing the number in the bottom tier.
You can throw in the point that the number of players in the bottom tier has increased (most recently from 32 to 35).
How about retaining half the tier?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by croz Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:48 am

Jason, I agree whole-heartedly with what you have written.

I too love the draft and could sit there for days doing it. Plus, I believe the tier system has been an outstanding addition to our game in that it does throw back some great players into the draft and evens the competition whilst still rewarding those that draft well.

I guess this is why we have a democratic league...every team can have their say and if the majority rules then so be it.

Long live the ASFFL!
croz
croz
Admin

Number of posts : 2232
Team Name : Gladiators
Captain : Gary Ablett

http://www.arc.acnrep.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:24 am

****Mod Note****

I have split discussion and the proposal on a Rookie draft to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Please continue the conversation in that forum.

****End Mod Note****
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by trucker Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:14 am

macca,

i agree with the others, the tiers ensures good players will be placed back in the draft.

I also agree in keeping more bottom tier players to coincide with the increased number of players drafted.

My proposal, 2 retainees in top tier, 4 in middle tier, 9 in bottom tier and a floater

reason: reduce draft time and give greater ownership of players
trucker
trucker
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 685
Team Name : truckers
Captain : Sam Mitchell / Nicholas Natanui

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:46 am

trucker wrote:macca,

i agree with the others, the tiers ensures good players will be placed back in the draft.

I also agree in keeping more bottom tier players to coincide with the increased number of players drafted.

My proposal, 2 retainees in top tier, 4 in middle tier, 9 in bottom tier and a floater

reason: reduce draft time and give greater ownership of players

So you are criticizing my proposal (which would see less players retained), for your own proposal of more players retained (and your reasons suggest 'greater ownership of players'), yet in the same post you are suggesting you want more good players back in the draft???

Which do you want? More players in the draft or more retained? If i am being totally pragmatic about it...your proposal sees 16 players retained, as against my 13.

You have contradicted yourself so many times in that one post that you have done a full bloody 360 degrees!!
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:18 am

Trucka pissed? Sub-clause 1.4 Retained listed players 728599
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:23 am

So where do we go with this? I just noticed that I didnt actually put up a proposal, after stating I thought we should extend the retainees in the bottom tier. But I do like Gerry's idea of making the bottom tier retainees 9 players, ie half the tier.

Im assuming that all the proposals will be collated and then put to the vote. And assuming we can actually get enough people to vote we will get things in place for next season. Is that right?
Jason
Jason
Admin

Number of posts : 2762
Team Name : Vipers
Captain : Scott Selwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:39 am

That's right.
If there are a couple of options I can post them as such and then add a poll in which people choose one of the options.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down