All Star Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Press Release-Heroes to be renamed as SLAP DASH FC

4 posters

Go down

Press Release-Heroes to be renamed as SLAP DASH FC Empty Press Release-Heroes to be renamed as SLAP DASH FC

Post by Hero Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:20 am

The Heroes football club is to be renamed- SLAP DASH FC. This change is immediate. The name change is in line with all other coaches beliefs of how the coach of the SLAP DASH FC conducts his business.
Hero
Hero
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Number of posts : 498
Team Name : Heroes
Captain : Jack Trengove

Back to top Go down

Press Release-Heroes to be renamed as SLAP DASH FC Empty Re: Press Release-Heroes to be renamed as SLAP DASH FC

Post by Macca Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:58 am

Haha.
I would like to announce that this is awesome.

No doubt a flag point for a brand new era of awesomeness...
Good luck Slap Dash FC!!!

Smile Twisted Evil
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

Back to top Go down

Press Release-Heroes to be renamed as SLAP DASH FC Empty Re: Press Release-Heroes to be renamed as SLAP DASH FC

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:47 am

They might also be called Dot Dot Dot Dash Dash Dash Dot Dot Dot FC.

Press Release-Heroes to be renamed as SLAP DASH FC Not%20Waving%20But%20Drowning
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:56 am

Not drowning Gerald...waving.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by croz Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:40 am

I found your cheer squad...

Press Release-Heroes to be renamed as SLAP DASH FC Slapdash2
croz
croz
Admin

Number of posts : 2232
Team Name : Gladiators
Captain : Gary Ablett

http://www.arc.acnrep.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:51 pm

Gerry you are a bone headed knob! If it wasn't for your stupidity, Fevola would have been a Hero and it would have been me sticking my chin up instead of Croz whenever he kicked a shitload of goals! Croz i love my cheer squad. Thanks for your vote of confidence Macca, I am sure the Slap Dash FC will be around the mark in 2010.
Hero
Hero
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Number of posts : 498
Team Name : Heroes
Captain : Jack Trengove

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:07 am

Andy have you given this enough thought??

It might just be me, but it feels like this name change has been a little rushed......

lol!
Jason
Jason
Admin

Number of posts : 2762
Team Name : Vipers
Captain : Scott Selwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:11 am

Andy wrote:Gerry you are a bone headed knob! If it wasn't for your stupidity, Fevola would have been a Hero and it would have been me sticking my chin up instead of Croz whenever he kicked a shitload of goals!

Fevola didn't fit the Gerald 'standard deviated, clean cut, tea sipping, decaffeinated' prototype.
This made him a lock for Croz...as he was the antithesis of all that Gerry stood for at the time.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:15 am

Did Gerry really trade Fev? If so when was that! Was it before or after his premiership?
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:19 am

No...this was the halcyon days in which Gerry and Andy were...um...'a team'.
If you can imagine the scene...

It's draft day, and the two fools...so different...are starting to get creative looking for the diamond in the rough.

Andy wanted Fevola (who had been in all sorts of bother pre season and hadn't really come to grips with being an AFL footballer) who was still available as we drifted into the bottom tier picks.

Anyway...short story is Gerry refused to allow Gerry to have Fev and XB snapped him up.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 am

LMAO that would have been gold to watch! Mind you between the two of them they could have made a pretty good team, both have a good eye for talent.

I can just see Gerry sitting at the desk all prepared, meticulous notes, players listed in order of draft rank, spreadsheets organized by stat categories, draft heat charts etc.

And Andy alongside him, wooden PC set up, small piece if scrap paper with a handful of names written on it......

Talk about chalk and cheese!
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:43 am

Wow. Were you there Jase?
You have it to a T - except substitute 'scrap of paper' for 'a half finished beer'.

Last edited by gerry on Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:00 am

Nope wasnt there, call it a lucky guess.......
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:30 am

Macca wrote:No...this was the halcyon days in which Gerry and Andy were...um...'a team'.
If you can imagine the scene...

It's draft day, and the two fools...so different...are starting to get creative looking for the diamond in the rough.

Andy wanted Fevola (who had been in all sorts of bother pre season and hadn't really come to grips with being an AFL footballer) who was still available as we drifted into the bottom tier picks.

Anyway...short story is Gerry refused to allow Gerry to have Fev and XB snapped him up.

Andy was never convinced about Fev and is just using me as the fall guy.
I think I recommended getting Troy Selwood instead.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:58 am

Match made in heaven for sure.
Two ripping, but totally contrasted, blokes!
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:14 am

Macca wrote:Match made in heaven for sure.
Two ripping, but totally contrasted, blokes!

Out of interest which team did they have? The Terriers or Heroes. Im guessing Heroes from Andy's comments.

Makes me wonder how much of the premier Heroes team did they draft together? As I know what Gerry is like, he has a very good eye on picking emerging talent. And I know when motivated Andy also was very good at this game.
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:18 am

Funny thing is, neither coach had much to do with the last Heroes premiership team.

Ex Gleeson deputy Principal Lynn Martin picked Pavlich, Lucas, Corey and Riewoldt from memory.

Andy inherited Lynn's list.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:21 am

So your saying that Andy was just plain lucky to win the flag as he inherited a very good team already?? Twisted Evil

So what team did they have together then? The current day terriers?
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:26 am

Andy gave up his list (to the girls) to join me in 2004 as the Assassins.
When that (miserably) failed...he reclaimed a list (L Martins CHOGM).

By 2006 Pav, Lucas and Corey were at the top of their game.

The team they had together was way back in 2003...as the Heroes (current day Mustangs)
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:40 am

Ahh so the girls got the brain trust's list! If I remember correctly though didnt Shannon take over that list and he let Josie join him for a season before he took over his own list?

So the question I have is, who drafted JB? The once jewel of the FF world? Was it the brains trust, Shannon or did Josie get lucky Wink
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:42 am

I drafted JB in round 13.
I let him go, and the girls took him the next year.

I kept fucking Jade Rawlings instead, as at the time JB had a worrying knee injury.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:59 am

So thats why you were so keen to get him a few years ago. To make amends!

And I think we all have stories like JB dont we? I mean ask the girls about Gary Ablett, or even Lenny Hayes (when they let him go to draft Nathan G Brown). And Croz about Bryce Gibbs or Trucker about Marc Murphy and I gave up Aaron Davey in the bottom tier last season for him to have career numbers in possessions (ok so not as bad as the other but i've been playing for only a few seasons). Im sure there is a lot more like that, but thats all I can think of from the top of my head.

In a way I think it what makes the game so interesting. We are all trying to find that next superstar and all the better if someone before us had him so we can rub it in. Twisted Evil
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:05 pm

Patience is the biggest virtue in this game.
Each of those examples that you listed show a lack of patience.

Most players do not deliver on their true potential until they are in the 24-28 age bracket.

I was absolutely rapt when the girls let Lenny go. I tossed up between him and Roo for my first pick as I had always loved him (tried unsuccessfully to get him on many occasions previously)...when he was still there with my second pick I was besides myself with joy.

But yes...not a coach in the league that hasn't let someone go only to gnash the teeth when they perform for someone else.

Swings and roundabouts.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:15 pm

I cant imagine a draft now where a player like Lenny Hayes lasts till the 2nd round! Talk about good luck! You must have been kicking yourself.

And your right about patience, thats one of the reasons I havent been that active with trades so far. My first year in the league I drafted a ton of young players, and have faith that they will eventually deliver. Especially the KPP like Hansen, Gumbleton, Tippet, Mitch Clark and although I didnt draft him but retained him, Jack Riewoldt.

To see them prosper at another club would kill me.
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:17 pm

Mitch Clark is one I kick myself about.
You took him one pick before I had planned to.

He will be a superstar I reckon.
All of the players you mention will be great.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:39 pm

Yes but even I will admit I got lucky with Clark. I would be lying if I said I drafted him as I knew he would be a great ruckman. I drafted him as a KPP. In fact if you look over my team from the last few seasons I think I made it pretty obvious that was a key draft strategy for me. I have drafted Lachie Hansen, Gumbleton, Clark, Tippet, Tom Williams traded for Josh Kennedy, retained J Riewoldt. Basically in a nut shell looking for the next Pav/Roo/JB.

But I must admit I have been worried over the pre-season what a fit Leuneberger and Charman will mean to Mitch Clark. But I was ecstatic to read on the AFL website that he has been training over the pre-season as a ruck predominantly.
Jason
Jason
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum