All Star Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks folks for a very enjoyable night.

4 posters

Go down

Thanks folks for a very enjoyable night. Empty Thanks folks for a very enjoyable night.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:35 am

Great to see you all there and to catch up (a bit anyway).
What is a draft without Andy throwing his weight around Thanks folks for a very enjoyable night. 509963 , Croz in a tizz about his team Thanks folks for a very enjoyable night. 728599 , Shannon picking up more oldies Thanks folks for a very enjoyable night. 171580 and me having a brain fade or two (I wish I drank - then I could blame it on the booze Thanks folks for a very enjoyable night. 967788 ).

Jase, you looked very comfortable out the back there and even Bec looked at home - despite the daggers she was giving me for taking her "boys". BTW - you can have Didak - we'll talk!

Graeme Thanks folks for a very enjoyable night. 918318 acted like a cocky prick - but has every right to be when most, if not all, of his draft picks were simply to fill the reserve benches.

This must be the season where we use the board to trade. As per my suggestion earlier - if we use the board, or text messaging or even paper, it must be verified by the current exec - who need to be re-elected. I hear Banger wants to take on a position?!?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Thanks folks for a very enjoyable night. Empty Re: Thanks folks for a very enjoyable night.

Post by Hero Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:27 am

Well summed up Gerry. Unfortunately i couldn't stay until the end. For me fantasy football is a great way to stay in touch with friends and having a bit of a laugh. After all, time is becoming more precious for all of us and we need to value the time we can share together. I think if we embrace this and remember why we established this game and not get so tied up in the formalities of the competition it will continue being a great game. Well done to Croz and yourself for all the hard work. Now let the bullshit begin!
Hero
Hero
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Number of posts : 498
Team Name : Heroes
Captain : Jack Trengove

Back to top Go down

Thanks folks for a very enjoyable night. Empty Re: Thanks folks for a very enjoyable night.

Post by Macca Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:08 am

holy fuck hero on board
Though maybe you were Thanks folks for a very enjoyable night. 171580
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:48 am

No Macca i won't lay down and die. Even if i only have 28 players on board. By the way why do you have such a large leadership group? Too many cooks, I say. Maybe you should pass one of them my way.
Hero
Hero
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:03 am

I choose to share the load as to name one simply puts pressure on that one player.
Matthew Lloyd as captain? Hmmmm....someone living in 2001?
Where are your young leaders?
I mean, you did 'dick me' for Alwyn Davey...why not name the lil fella?
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:34 am

Come on Macca. Like the Midnight Oil song- Short Memory. Do i need to mention big Gairgy, Farmer for Licker, The Dal Santo Debacle, just to name a few.
Hero
Hero
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:47 am

Not to forget you signing over Pavlick to me whilst at the Waterfront Hotel...only to renege when we came back to reality and you had to 'officially' sign a trade form.

I do however recall selling you a "50 goal forward" in Clint Bizzell.

I'd say we are relatively even.
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by croz Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:32 am

Hero wrote:After all, time is becoming more precious for all of us and we need to value the time we can share together.

Especially those approaching retirement.
croz
croz
Admin

Number of posts : 2232
Team Name : Gladiators
Captain : Gary Ablett

http://www.arc.acnrep.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:45 am

gerry wrote:Jase, you looked very comfortable out the back there

I must have covered it well then cause I felt very unprepared compared to last season's draft. I didnt do nearly enough research and I think my picks show that.

But yes it was great to catch up with everyone and to prepare for another great season of FF.
Jason
Jason
Admin

Number of posts : 2762
Team Name : Vipers
Captain : Scott Selwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down