All Star Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook Posts
Top posters
Macca (4842)
another AFL draft Vote_lcapanother AFL draft Voting_baranother AFL draft Vote_rcap 
Jason (2762)
another AFL draft Vote_lcapanother AFL draft Voting_baranother AFL draft Vote_rcap 
croz (2232)
Megabonus (2094)
trucker (685)
Hero (498)
Milnee (277)
The Independent (153)
mauled (59)
Bec (38)

Similar topics

another AFL draft

4 posters

Go down

another AFL draft Empty another AFL draft

Post by trucker Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:59 pm

hey boys, is there another draft for the AFL where older players etc can be picked up.

e.g russel robertson?? did he get picked up as it will affect my retained players list
trucker
trucker
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 685
Team Name : truckers
Captain : Sam Mitchell / Nicholas Natanui

Back to top Go down

another AFL draft Empty Re: another AFL draft

Post by Megabonus Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:16 pm

i reckon thats it.....
Megabonus
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 2094
Team Name : Raptors
Captain : Dustin 'Jet' Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:20 pm

You would have to check but I think Robbo is gone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Megabonus Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:32 pm

are there any crestorative provisions for long term injured players once your retainess are locked in?

if not...why would you lock them in???
Megabonus
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 2094
Team Name : Raptors
Captain : Dustin 'Jet' Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by croz Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:47 pm

Pez: To answer your question...No.

Truck: To answer your question...Russel Robinson (that's for Josie) is gone.

A full list of AFL players can be found here:

Full list of AFL PLayers
croz
croz
Admin

Number of posts : 2232
Team Name : Gladiators
Captain : Gary Ablett

http://www.arc.acnrep.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:38 pm

There is some fallback:

To quote sub-clause 3.3 in the Constitution:
[8] Unforseen Circumstances:
Should any retained player, before the PSD, retire, become long term injured, or involve themselves in any acts that may see them in penitentiary / rehabilitation, you are not allowed any form of recourse. You may, however, immediately delist the player and be eligible to select a player with the pick in the Pre Season Draft, but cannot choose to take another player from your list as ‘retained’. As an example, Andrew Crosby chooses to retain Wayne Carey at pick one. Wayne Carey is found knee deep in an unsavoury act. Wayne Carey retires. Andrew Crosby, if he chooses to delist Carey, is now ‘down’ one retained player but may ‘draft’ a new pick one come the PSD.

For example I have locked in my retainees. I did this because I felt there was nothing else worth keeping. However, if Alan Didak is sacked by Collingwood, then I can delist him. That gives me an extra pick in the draft only - I cannot retain another player.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by croz Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:47 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, Gerry.
croz
croz
Admin

Number of posts : 2232
Team Name : Gladiators
Captain : Gary Ablett

http://www.arc.acnrep.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:31 am

gerry wrote:There is some fallback:

To quote sub-clause 3.3 in the Constitution:
[8] Unforseen Circumstances:
Should any retained player, before the PSD, retire, become long term injured, or involve themselves in any acts that may see them in penitentiary / rehabilitation, you are not allowed any form of recourse. You may, however, immediately delist the player and be eligible to select a player with the pick in the Pre Season Draft, but cannot choose to take another player from your list as ‘retained’. As an example, Andrew Crosby chooses to retain Wayne Carey at pick one. Wayne Carey is found knee deep in an unsavoury act. Wayne Carey retires. Andrew Crosby, if he chooses to delist Carey, is now ‘down’ one retained player but may ‘draft’ a new pick one come the PSD.

For example I have locked in my retainees. I did this because I felt there was nothing else worth keeping. However, if Alan Didak is sacked by Collingwood, then I can delist him. That gives me an extra pick in the draft only - I cannot retain another player.

How do you know?
Macca
Macca
Coach
Coach

Number of posts : 4842
Team Name : Ridgebacks FC
Captain : Ollie Wines

Back to top Go down

Post by trucker Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:48 am

thanks croz,